I am Dave Coffman, owner of Higher Calling Aviation. Welcome and thank you for considering my services. With over 30 years of aviation experience including both General Aviation and military flight experience, I offer experience as an aircraft asset manager, pilot, instructor and consultant who has assisted owner operators of the Embraer Phenom 300 and Phenom 100 with aircraft management, as well as training for beginning, advanced and professional pilots.
Whatever your aviation goals may be, I am available to assist you in the Phenom 300, Phenom 100 or in any Technically Advanced Aircraft (TAA).
My main objective whenever I am flying is to fly as a safe, efficient pilot in command (PIC) or to assist you or your pilot as second-in-command (SIC). Additionally, as an instructor or mentor I will always strive to provide training that emphasizes safety first while developing pilots who are competent, confident and proficient. In over 6,000 hours of accident and incident-free flying, in the world’s highest-performance aircraft, my passion is still flying and I eagerly want to convey that passion to every aviator as well as those who are just starting their aviation career.
- NBAA Certified Aviation Manager (CAM)
- Airline Transport Pilot: Single and Multi-Engine
- Extensive jet and jet fighter experience including Phenom, F-16, T-37 and T-38
- Embraer Phenom 100 and Phenom 300 type ratings
- CE-510(S) type rating (Mustang)
- Certified Flight Instructor: Single and Multi-Engine, Instrument
- Over 6,000 hours, 5,500 jet, over 1,400 hours instructing in jets
- Lt Col U.S. Air Force Retired
- Squadron Commander, supervised over 50 pilots and a flying hour program of 4,000 sorties and 5,500 flight hours
- Lead Solo, U.S. Air Force Air Demonstration Squadron Thunderbirds
- Piloted the #5 F-16 in over 140 Airshows in the U.S., Europe and South America
- Instructor and Flight Examiner (Check Airman) in F-16 and T-37
- Over 30 years flying and instructing in U.S., Europe, Bahamas
- Numerous pond crossings (Europe, U.S. and Pacific)
Awards & Achievements
- Top Graduate, USAF Pilot Instructor Training
- USAF Distinguished Flying Cross, Aerial Achievement
- USAF Pilot of Distinction Award for safe recovery of an F-16 during an airshow after a catastrophic afterburner explosion (see photo)
- Jet aircraft operations and transition
- Single pilot IFR and Cockpit Resource Management
- Autopilot and glass cockpit transition